Monday, February 15, 2016

Stardust: A David Bowie Tribute Blog Hop

by Staci Louise Smith

In case you missed it, we are going to do a blog hop here, on March 10th.  
Details can be found here

Has anyone started working on their pieces yet?  I already know at least one person who is DONE!  

Well, I haven't started yet, but I have ideas rolling around my brain.

I thought maybe for some inspiration I'd share some things I found!

First of all, when I made this bead, the photo of David popped right in my head!

You don't have to make a piece based on a song, or lyrics, it could just be an ode to him, or inspired by one of his many awesome photos!

I also found these cool Crystal Ball rings that made me think of Labyrinth.  

They are made by Project Om and can be found on etsy here


I found some cool copper lightning bolt charms that reminded me of this photo of Bowie

You can find them in Supply Your Soul here



Below is another photo I just adore of Bowie.  I didn't have to think hard of what could match it, I KNEW I had seen something in Karen's photos that would be perfect, and I found it!


Necklace by our own Karen McGovern Beadkeepers Art and Jewelry Design 


and last but not least, I paired this bright photo with one of Melanie Muirs wonderful polymer bracelets

You can find more of Melanie's work here

I hope the post has helped to get the gears turning about how you can make a tribute piece to David Bowie for the blog hop.
It's going to be REALLY fun!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You chose well, especially the first one - I love that picture of the late Mr. Bowie.

face
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...