Friday, April 5, 2013

Finding texture

                                                                                                              by Kelli Pope

I have been so intrigued with our current Boot Camp, and all the creativity from the other artists.  It has had me searching around my house for things I can hammer, and not destroy. (not everything has survived!)  I created curlicues from thick inexpensive wire I found, which was holding a large coil of brass wire together in my studio......

....screen, mesh, nails, bricks.........there are lots of ignored objects, that are now catching my eye.  

I really expected very little from this simple steel pegboard hook, but look at this great pattern!  
    I heated the copper disc to the color I wanted,  quenched it, and just started pounding .  
         What strange things are you using to create texture?

2 comments:

Artisan Beads Plus said...

That is definitely cool! Ha to everything not surviving! You sound like me!

stacilouise said...

NOw THAT is exciting! I would have never expected that to come out the way it did, but I love how organic it looks!

face
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...