Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Bead Show

by Staci L. Smith

If you follow me at all on facebook or my personal blog you will know I am prepping for a bead show.  So, either you are loving all the process pics and beady sneak peeks, or getting tired of hearing about it.  (I hope you are loving all the pics)  Anyhow, I'd like to tell you a little bit about Berks Bead Bazaar.
 
It was the first bead show I ever attended and I was immediately in love.  It's not too big, but has everything you could want and then some.  It is run by bead artists Joan Miller and Louise Mehaffey.  I think having a show run by artists brings an extra level of creativity to the show.   They pick unique bead artist, as well as wonderful vendors for gemstones, findings, ect.....
 
Last year was my first year vending as a bead artist there, I guess  Berks is a place for firsts for me.  I fell in love with it- the customers were wonderful and fun, my fellow artists and neighbors were wonderful.....great time was had by all.
 
I hope if you are local, or within travel distance, you will try to come out and visit the show.  If you do, please make sure to let me know you who you are so I can meet you in person!
 
My display will look roughly like this (minus the wall and pictures hanging in the background)...............
 
 
My daughter Julia is helping me at the show (she is 8), and has a tray of her own beads available to sell as well.  She is saving up to buy her own beads (below) at the show! (gotta start them young)
 
 
And here are some of the goodies I will have for sale.  I need to finish up another tray or two this weekend, and then pricing begins.
 


 
Prepping to vend a bead show is crazy, but I have to say, I love being up to my elbows in beads.
 
Anyone here who doesn't like being surrounded by beads?  Yeah, that's what I thought.  Who doesn't love beads?
 
Here is the link to the show again www.berksbeadbazaar.com and there is a coupon for $1 off your admission!
 
 

6 comments:

supere67 said...

I am SO disgusted that there are NO bead shows like this in my little corner of the universe. (That I know of, anyway. Anyone out there know of any shows like this near Savannah, Ga?) It seems that there are many more of these bead and jewelry shows in the north. Of course, maybe it's a good thing there are no shows here, because self control would be a big issue! ;)

Artisan Beads Plus said...

I am speechless! Have you slept?

Kelli said...

WOW!!! Staci!! What a great assortment!! I hope you sell out. SO wish I was closer, and could come shop! GOOD LUCK!!

Libby Leuchtman said...

It looks wonderful! Good luck and take pictures and let us know how it goes.

stacilouise said...

MaryAnn, I do sleep, I just don't clean, or make dinner until 7pm...lol This week may prove differenly though, still have a lot to wrap up.

I will take lots of pics, always a good time with the ladies and fellows at Berks.

Mystic Indigo said...

Really wonderful work...and you are so prolific!!!! What fun it will be to have your daughter there too...

face
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...